kay tuhhh

I guess I never really explained the domain name, kay-tuh. It’s fairly simple, it’s my nickname with my dance team. The dance team of course being Walkers Dance, or WDT. Contrary to layman’s understanding, it is not like the dance teams you see on ESPN or that your high school had. I have no idea why there has never been a reality tv show based around dance teams, since the subculture is sort of a mix between cheerleading competitions and child beauty pageants. Anyway, it’s something I’ve been doing since childhood and kept up until I graduated. We’re quite good actually, if you bother goggling us sometime. Back to kay-tuh

I have issues with syllables. I just failed that part of kindergarten. You know the clapping rule to count syllables, like lap(clap)top(clap). Well, I always just fuck it up. If you ask me how many syllables a word has, I’m usually wrong. I don’t know why. My brain just interprets words like “chips” to be “chi-ps”. And thus, I was pretty insistent that Kate is divided in syllables “kay-tuh.” And that’s what I’ve been called ever since. In a loving way though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment